Members of Holy Trinity C.E. Primary School Governing Body
- Mr Paul Bryan - Local Authority Governor (Chair) - 12.9.17 -31.08.20
- Reverend Dave Bishop - Foundation Governor
- Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge - Foundation Governor (Vice Chair) - 01.09.16 - 31.08.20
- Mrs. Ann Wilkins - Foundation Governor - 01.09.16 - 31.08.20
- Mrs. Julie Clarke - Interim Head Teacher Governor - 01.01.09 - present
- Mrs. Karen Johnson - Co-opted Governor - 30.09.14 - 29.09.18
- Mrs. Louise Schwartz - Parent Governor - 01.09.16 - 31.08.20
- Mrs. Helen James - Parent Governor - 01.09.16 - 31.08.20
- Mrs. Kay Cresswell-Green - Parent Governor 01.04.17 - 31.03.21
- Rev. Dave Bishop - also Chair of Governors at St James' Primary
- Mr. Paul Bryan - also governor at Pool Hayes Primary
- Mrs Karen Johnson - also works as a learning support assistant at Holy Trinity School.
Governors who have recently left the governing body
- Mr. Philip Rowley - Foundation Governor (Chair) 2002 - 26.05.16
- Mr. Lee Davies-Hadley - Parent Governor - 01.09.12 - 31.08.16
- Mrs. Angela Busby - Parent Governor - 01.09.12 - 31.08.16
- Mrs. Suzy Price - Parent Governor - 23.03.15 - 31.08.16
- Mr. Richard Holden - Co-opted Governor 01.09.15 - 31.08.16
- Mrs Judith Driver - Head Teacher Governor
- Mr Jason Russon - Local Authority Governor (Chair)
Committees and Membership
In order to carry out our role efficiently and effectively the detailed work of the Governing Body is sometimes undertaken by committees. In addition to attending Full Governing Body meetings, all governors sit on at least one committee. The Committees report back to half termly meetings of the Governing Body at which broader issues are discussed and agreed.
Standards and Progress Committee: assists in the decision making in matters related to the promotion of high standards of education and achievement, reviews SATs data and Teaching Assessment data, ensures all pupils including those with SEND are making expected progress.
Mr. Paul Bryan (Chair)
Mrs. Julie Clarke
Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
Finance and Resources Committee: ensures sound management of the School's finances including planning and monitoring. Reviews internal controls and completed the School's Financial Value Standards (SFVS) annually. Overseas the management of the budget and cash-flow including variances and projections. Monitors Health and Safety within school with a governor attending termly health and safety inspections.
Mr. Paul Bryan (Chair) - attends Health & Safety inspections
Mrs. Karen Johnson - Finance Governor
All governors attend Finance meetings as they form part of the half termly full governing body meetings.
Pay and Performance: Committees meet to ratify decisions regarding pay progression and also to set and review objectives for the head teacher's performance.
Committee members (pay) Head teacher performance
Mr. Paul Bryan (Chair) Mr. Paul Bryan (Chair)
Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
Rev. Dave Bishop
Mrs. Louise Schwartz
Review/Appeals : Mrs Karen Johnson
Disciplinary Committee: Any matters arising in respect of staffing, H.R., staff/pupil discipline issues and admissions are dealt with by the governing body and meetings are called as and when necessary. Any appeals are then heard by a separate committee when necessary.
Committee members: Appeals Committee members:
Mr. Paul Bryan (Chair) Rev. Dave Bishop (Chair)
Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge Mrs Ann Wilkins
Mrs. Louise Schwartz Mrs. Helen James
All governors are 'Link Governors' assigned to subject leaders within school. They visit the school to meet with their leader and complete a report to bring back to the full governing body. The link governors are as follows:
Area Teacher Governor
Assessment for Learning Mrs. Julie Clarke Mr. Paul Bryan
Pedagogy & Curriculum Mrs. Karen Griffiths Mrs. Karen Johnson
Leadership Mrs. Julie Clarke Mr. Paul Bryan
Student & Family support Mrs. Kimm Atkins Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
Learning Environment Miss Helen Jack Rev. Dave Bishop
Safeguarding Mrs. Julie Clarke Mr. Paul Bryan
Health & Safety Mrs. Lisa Prosser Mr. Paul Bryan
RE/Worship/Music Mrs. Nikki Price Rev. Dave Bishop
Literacy/EYFS/KS1 Miss Helen Jack Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
Literacy / KS2 Mrs. Karen Griffiths Mrs. Karen Johnson
Mathematics/ICT/E-Safety Mrs. Julie Clarke Mr. Paul Bryan
Science Mrs Clair Teece Mr. Paul Bryan
Art/DT Mrs. Carrie Sharp Mrs. Louise Schwartz
PE, Health & Wellbeing Mrs Julie Clarke Mrs. Helen James
PSHE/SMSC/SEND/MFL Mrs. Kimm Atkins Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
History/Geography Mrs. Vicki Bessey Mrs. Ann Wilkins
Parent Liaison Governor - Mrs. Ann Wilkins
Pupil Premium/SEND Liaison/Vulnerable pupils Governor - Mrs. Elizabeth Sledge
If you would like to find out more about becoming a school governor, please contact the clerk to governors Mrs Pam Grant on 01543 458557.