Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School Admissions

Nursery class – non statutory

We  offer the universal entitlement (15 hours free childcare) plus thirty hours free childcare for 3+4- year-olds ( for eligible families.)

To apply for a Nursery place you should contact the Headteacher of the school for details. For further information follow the links at: www.walsall.gov.uk/education

Reception class – first year of statutory education

Mid-Year Admissions

To apply for a place at Holy Trinity for your child, please contact the school on 01543 452327 to find out if there are any places in the Year Group/s you require.

If there are no places available the school can put your child's name down on their waiting list.

Please note that you also have the right to appeal for a place in the school and can do so by contacting the School's Admission Team on 01922 686470.

Oversubscription Criteria

If there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated using the Oversubscription Criteria in the following order of priority:


  1. Children in Public Care (looked after children).
  2. Pupils who have a sibling already in attendance at the school.
  3. Pupils for whom a place at the school is essential on medical or social grounds as supported in writing by a medical practitioner or a social worker.
  4. Up to 25% of places may be allocated as ‘Church Places’ to children, regardless of distance between home and school, whose parents are regular worshippers at a Christian church and whose application is supported in writing by the minister of the church where they worship.
  5. Distance between the home address and the school as measured in a straight line with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.

If there is oversubscription in criteria 2 to 5, priority will be given to those living closest to the school as measured in a straight line.


Admissions for children with Special Educational Needs

We have adopted the admission policy of Walsall Children’s Services – Education.


Parents of children with a statement of special educational needs (SEN) must contact the SEN Team at Walsall Children’s Services – Serco or the LA that issued the statement if they wish to move to a school that is not named in Part 4 of their child’s statement.


Please download our SEND policy for further information